Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
February 25, 2020
Boy Scout Cabin
Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Approval of February 25, 2020 Agenda
4. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes: January 28, 2020
5. Approval of January 2020 Financial Report
6. Department Reports
b. Park Services
7. Commissioners Reports
8. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
- Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
- Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony or a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
- The collective negotiations between public employers and their employees and deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
9. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
10. New Business
- Discuss / Approve Batting Cage and Goofy Golf improvements and lease for 2020.
- Discuss / Approve hiring of Manager and Assistant Manager positions at the Aquatic Center.
- Discuss / Approve hours for Manager and Assistant Managers for March / April / May 2020 in preparation for the 2020 Aquatic Center (40 hours per Manager and Assistant Manager for the 3 – month period).
- Discuss / Approve wage for Manager ($14.00 / hr.) and Assistant Managers ($10.50 / hr.) position for the Aquatic Center.
- Discuss / Approve MYBSA lease N. Otis Street Concession building
- Discuss / Approve MSI lease of concession building at the Soccer Complex.
- Discuss / Approve Keith Beasley concession lease at Field # 7 concession area.
- Discuss / Approve SIASL (Spring Soccer League) using the Soccer Complex for their spring league on Wednesday’s March 2020 – May 2020.
11. Next Meeting Date: March 24, 2020
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.