Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
September 28, 2021
Boy Scout Cabin
CALL – IN #: (978) 990-5088
ACCESS CODE: 7011383
Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Approval of September 28, 2021, Agenda
4. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes: August 24, 2021
5. Approval of August 2021 Financial Report
6. Department Reports
b. Park Services
7. Commissioners Reports
8. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
a. Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
b. Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony or complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
9. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
10. New Business
a. Approval of Executive Session minutes from December 26, 2020, January 26, 2021, February 23, 2021, March 23, 2021, March 31, 2021, April 26, 2021, May 25, 2021, and June 22, 2021, to remain closed with or without exception.
b. Discuss / Approve Earth Networks proposal for rental and installation of lightning detection system in Ray Fosse Park.
c. Discuss / Approve 2022 baseball & softball tournament dates as follows:
1. April 23 – 24, 2022 Greater Midwest Baseball (Hooper)
2. June 4 – 5, 2022 Greater Midwest Baseball (Hooper)
3. June 24 – 26, 2022, USSSA (Strode)
11. Next Meeting Date: October 26, 2021
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.