Regular Meeting of The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
July 25, 2023
Boy Scout Cabin
Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Approval of July 25, 2023, Agenda
4. Approval of Budget Hearing Minutes – June 27, 2023
5. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes: June 27, 2023
6. Approval of June 2023 Financial Report
7. Department Reports
b. Park Services
c. Aquatic Services
8. Commissioners Reports
9. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
a. (21) Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
b. (1) Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony or complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
c. (2) Collective Bargaining – the collective negotiations between public employers and their employees and deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employee.
9. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
10. Old Business
a. Discuss / Approve publishing a press release regarding the award of the Energy Transition Community Grant.
11. New Business
NO NEW BUSINESS
12. Next Meeting Date: August 22, 2023
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.