Meeting Agenda – August 25, 2020
Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
August 25, 2020
Boy Scout Cabin
CALL – IN #: 551-241-6313
Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Introduction of Aaron Newlin, Park Tech I replacement for Steve Clendenin.
4. Approval of August 25, 2020 Agenda
5. Approval of FY2021 Budget Hearing and Regular Meeting Minutes: July 28, 2020
6. Approval of July 2020 Financial Report
7. Department Reports
b. Park Services
8. Commissioners Reports
9. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
a. Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
b. Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony or a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
c. The collective negotiations between public employers and their employees and deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
10. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
11. New Business
a. Approval of Executive Session minutes from January 28, 2020, February 25, 2020, April 28, 2020, May 19, 2020, and June 23, 2020 to remain closed with or without exception.
b. Discuss / Approve 2021 baseball & softball tournament dates as follows:
- April 23 – 25, 2021 Greater Midwest Baseball (Hooper)
2. June 4 – 6, 2021 Greater Midwest Baseball (Hooper)
12. Next Meeting Date: September 22, 2020
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.