Meeting Agenda – August 27, 2019
Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
August 27, 2019
Boy Scout Cabin
Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Approval of August 27, 2019 Agenda
4. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes: July 23, 2019
5. Approval of July 2019 Financial Report
6. Department Reports
b. Park Services
c. Aquatic Center
7. Commissioners Reports
8. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
a. Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
b. Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline,
performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel
for the public body, including hearing testimony or a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine
9. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
10. New Business
a. Discuss / Approve FY20 hiring a contract employee to administer Pickleball leagues and tournaments at Director Reed’s discretion.
b. Discuss / Approve Eric Levin utilizing the Harrison – Bruce Tennis Courts to hold a memorial tennis tournament in memory of Ken Everett.
c. Discuss / Approve agreement with Southern Illinois Energy Group LLC to install a solar array at Ray Fosse Park per agreement.
d. Discuss / Approve allowing Administrative Assistant Kim Bauernfeind to accrue comp time for any overtime hours worked in the same manner defined in the collective bargaining agreement between the Park District and Operation Engineers Local 318.
e. Discuss / Approve 2020 baseball & softball tournament dates as follows:
1. April 24 – 26, 2020 Greater Midwest Baseball (Hooper)
2. May 2 – 3, 2020 Game 7 (Penning)
3. June 5 – 7, 2020 Greater Midwest Baseball (Hooper)
4. June 26 – 28, 2020 USSSA Illinois State Regional (Strode)
12. Next Meeting Date: September 24, 2019
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.