Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
August 23, 2016
Boys Scout Cabin
Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Approval of: August 23, 2016 Agenda
4. Approval of Bond Issue Notification Act (BINA) Hearing Minutes and Regular Meeting Minutes: July 26, 2016
5. Approval of July Financial Report
6. Department Reports
b. Park Services
c. Aquatic Center
7. Commissioners Reports
8. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
a. Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel
for the public body, including hearing testimony or a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine
b. Real Estate – the acquisition or lease of real property or the selling or rental price of real estate.
9. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
10. New Business
a. Discuss / Approve Adult Soccer schedule and practices for fall 2016.
b. Discuss / Approve compensation bonus for Co – Managers of the Aquatic Center (Dayna Will and Christy Underwood).
c. Discuss / Approve FY17 hiring temporary employees for Park Service and Aquatic Center staff at Director Reed’s discretion.
d. Discuss / Approve FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) for Lead Man of Park Services, Matt Strobel.
e. Discuss / Approve FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) for Park Services Technician,
f. Discuss / Approve FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) policy.
11. Next Meeting Date: September 27, 2016
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.