Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
April 24, 2018
Boy Scout Cabin
Regular Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Open Forum
- Approval of: April 24, 2018 Agenda
- Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes: March 22, 2018
- Approval of March 2018 Financial Report
- Department Reports
- Park Services
- Commissioners Reports
- Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
- Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
- Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony or a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
- Vacancy – the consideration of the appointment of a member to fill a vacancy on the Board of Commissioners.
- Security procedures, school building safety and security, and the use of personnel and equipment to respond to an actual, a threatened, or a reasonably potential danger to the safety of employees, students, staff, the public or public property.
- Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
- Old Business
- Discuss / Approve Heartland Regional Medical Center agreement for the Inclusive Playground.
- Discuss / Approve the quotes for the Inclusive Playground from Cunningham Recreation / GameTime and begin action on the quotes received. Consideration to purchase remainder of playground equipment for the Inclusive Playground.
- Discuss / Approve MYBSA lease of N. Otis Street Concession building.
- Discuss / Approve MSI lease of concession building at the Soccer Complex.
- Discuss / Approve Batting Cage and Goofy Golf lease for 2018.
- Discuss / Approve agreement between Marion Park District and Pepsi MidAmerica.
- New Business
- Discuss FY2019 Budget for the Marion Park District.
- Open / consider sealed bids from lending institution for the installment loan for the Inclusive Playground project.
- Discuss / Approve / Name lending institution bid recipient and amount for the installment loan for the Inclusive Playground project.
- Discuss / Approve Resolution 18-03, naming Kim Bauernfeind as designated IMRF representative for the Marion Park District.
- Discuss / Approve Ordinance 18-02, renaming of Russell Street Park to Harrison – Bruce Park.
- Discuss / Approve change order for $7,920 to McConnell and Associates for tennis court renovations.
- Discuss / Approve prioritizing / finalizing the list of Capital Projects.
- Next Meeting Date: May 22, 2018
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.