Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
September 24, 2019
Boy Scout Cabin
Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Approval of September 24, 2019 Agenda
4. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes: August 27, 2019
5. Approval of August 2019 Financial Report
6. Department Reports
b. Park Services
c. Aquatic Center
7. Commissioners Reports
8. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
- Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
- Personnel – To consider the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline,
performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel
for the public body, including hearing testimony or a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine
9. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
10. New Business
- Discuss / Approve Lion’s Club utilizing the Boy Scout Cabin for their annual BBQ October 17 – 18, 2019 (set up October 17, event October 18).
- Discuss / Approve a Pickleball tournament at the new Black Diamond Pickleball Complex on October 19, 2019. Tournament will be hosted by the Marion Park District and volunteers from the Marion Pickleball Club will assist during tournament. Marion Park District will be processing registrations and fees through the website.
- Discuss / Approve 3 – in 1 CD renewal date of September 30, 2019 with Peoples National Bank.
- Discuss / Approve first installment of the loan payment for the Inclusive Playground to Farmers State Bank (total borrowed $65,000.00) in the amount of $33,861.73 due on October 19, 2019 with a 2nd installment is due October 19, 2020 in the amount of $33,861.72. The current balance in the Inclusive Playground account is $69,625.73.
- Discuss / Approve Refuge Temple having a Community Day on October 19, 2019 at the Harrison – Bruce Pavilion in Ray Fosse Park. They would like the Marion Park District to donate the grill for their use on that date.
12. Next Meeting Date: October 22, 2019
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.